Posted: 14 November 2012
I use a lot of different, mostly free, tools to build and maintain Freeform Backgammon and this website. I'd like to thank them by acknowledging their contributions in public.
- Eclipse: the development environment I used write the majority of the code
- Android SDK: Google's tools and libraries for building Android™ projects
- libGDX: A game development library for Android, Desktop, and HTML5
- TexturePacker Pro: for bundling in-game textures into an efficient format
- TapeMachine for Android: for recording audio effects and video voice over tracks
- Audacity: for editing audio effects and voice over tracks
- Go: I wrote my server-side crash report receiver in Go, and I wish I could write Android apps in Go
- Inkscape: for designing and drawing my logos, and video title and credit screens
- Windows Live Movie Maker: for editing the promotional video
- Blogofile: for designing this website
- OpenGL: OpenGL underlies libGDX and Android's graphics.
- Java: Java underlies both Eclipse and Android.
- Linux: Linux underlies Android, and my servers
- Windows 7: my desktop runs Windows 7
- Bluehost.com: hosts of
- YouTube: host of the promotional video
- Emacs: all the Go and Blogofile development was done in Emacs
- Cygwin: for making the Windows command line usable
- The Internet: for learning how to use all of the above
An additional special thanks to Jahzzar for providing the music (the track is "Two Days") I used in the Freeform Backgammon promotional video.