Freeform Backgammon v1.2.10 released
Released v1.2.10 update for Freeform Backgammon. This minor update improves the display of checkers on some GPUs. Minor fixes for device compatibility issues are also fixed....
Freeform Backgammon v1.2.9 released
Released v1.2.9 update for Freeform Backgammon. This minor updates improves the display of the "points" on the board on all ARM Mali GPUs. You may recall a previous update (v1.2.5) that included a work-around for this problem on "ARM Mali-400" GPUs. That work-around has now been applied to all ARM Mali GPUs (the most recent failure was seen in the wild on the "Mali-T604"...
Freeform Backgammon v1.2.8 released
Released v1.2.8 update for Freeform Backgammon. This minor update just includes newer Android libraries (for the 4.4.2 release) and newer build tools....
OpenGL ES Shading Language Potholes and Problems
Several months ago I changed my Android app Freeform Backgammon to use OpenGL ES 2.0 shaders. Since that change, I have had to fix and work around a number of platform-specific bugs with the shaders. In my experience OpenGL ES shaders are the real fragmentation pain point of OpenGL game development on Android. OpenGL Shaders are small programs that provide an incredible level of...
Freeform Backgammon v1.2.7 released
Released v1.2.7 update for Freeform Backgammon. This minor update improves the reliability and robustness of the anti-aliased triangle shader. There were more reports of some GPUs not showing any "points" on the board, and this update should fix the problem. The points were invisible on some GPUs because different GPUs support different ranges of values for floating point numbers. In some computations for the...
Freeform Backgammon v1.2.6 released
Released v1.2.6 update for Freeform Backgammon. This minor update fixes a crash-on-start bug for Android devices using the Vivante GC800 GPU (at least). The start-up and resume-from-pause code should be a bit faster now, too. The crash was because the GLSL preprocessor command #line 0 in my GLSL shaders triggers a compiler error on the Vivante GC800. No other GPU's GLSL compiler seems to...
- 16 July 2013: Freeform Backgammon v1.2.5 released
- 23 May 2013: Libgdx and Android application Lifecycle
- 13 May 2013: Freeform Backgammon v1.2.1 released
- 08 May 2013: Freeform Backgammon v1.2.0 released
- 07 February 2013: Using libGDX sources with github and Eclipse
- 03 December 2012: Freeform Backgammon v1.0.7 released
- 14 November 2012: Acknowledgments for Freeform Backgammon
- 01 October 2012: Enabling non-continuous rendering in libGDX
- 04 July 2012: Upgrading my Samsung Galaxy tablet with ROM Manager and CyanogenMod
- 12 June 2012: libGDX and Android's "lights-out" mode
- 20 May 2012: mapping google analytics to an android game (with libGDX)
- 15 May 2012: libGDX internal files hacks
- 10 May 2012: Tutorial for TexturePacker and libGDX
- 23 April 2012: mintty for windows
- 16 April 2012: android junit testing of libGDX applications
- 12 April 2012: fixing SVG aspect ratio lossage on WebKit
- 10 April 2012: recording for sound effects
- 05 April 2012: libgdx test automation through Input abuse
- 02 April 2012: finding a small business checking account
- 02 April 2012: supercollider
- 20 March 2012: what actually changed in a config file
- 18 March 2012: blogofile and CSS
- 18 March 2012: forwarding emails to gmail
- 16 March 2012: newpost script for blogofile
- 16 March 2012: Adding some more support for 'draft' posts to blogofile
- 15 March 2012: Improving date parsing in blogofile
- 15 March 2012: Blogofile hacks
- 14 March 2012: First post